Premed 101 Forums

Question about applying overseas

Hi guys,

I just got 2nd rejection from UBC yesterday. Felt really depressed. A little bit better today. Some of regular posters in the forum made it after 5 tries. My new attitude is like "whatever". I will probably get rejected again next year.

I had posted my stats on the UBC section which I thought is not too bad. I am wondering which med schools abroad will be suitable. Where do we have to do interviews for these schools?

I have a background of English as not my first language which is a disadvantage because this will create bias during interview.

I turn 32 y.o this year. 8 years work in community pharmacy.

MCAT: PS=11 VR=7 BS=12 Q --> It took me 5 tries due to very bad VR to reach a 7.

Overall GPA: 82.4%

Where in this website I can find the lists of all the schools that I should consider applying?

Hi guys,

I just got 2nd rejection from UBC yesterday. Felt really depressed. A little bit better today. Some of regular posters in the forum made it after 5 tries. My new attitude is like "whatever". I will probably get rejected again next year.

I had posted my stats on the UBC section which I thought is not too bad. I am wondering which med schools abroad will be suitable. Where do we have to do interviews for these schools?

I have a background of English as not my first language which is a disadvantage because this will create bias during interview.

I turn 32 y.o this year. 8 years work in community pharmacy.

MCAT: PS=11 VR=7 BS=12 Q --> It took me 5 tries due to very bad VR to reach a 7.

Overall GPA: 82.4%

Where in this website I can find the lists of all the schools that I should consider applying?

Keep the "whatever" attitude...or better yet the "screw canadian system" attitude. I also had a 7 in VR and now going to ireland.

Consider Caribbean if you want to end up in the US.

If you want to come back to Canada go to Ireland. (No interviews, some do have interviews in Canada)

Hi handsome,

Well, it is not that I dislike the Canadian system because I did not get in. What I meant was with rejection after rejection after rejection, my attitude will not change. I will just keep applying.

Where can you get a comprehensive info on Ireland med schools? I assume that "88" on your username signifies your birth year and that makes you 22 year old student. That will be alright as you are still very young.

I am a mature student at 32 this year. Still not married though. Perhaps I can sell my condo and car and move there. That's a big jump.

There's a risk about not being able to go back and practice in Canada as others pointed out. What do you think of this?

What about the Irish health care system there? What happen if I go there for med school and want to work in Ireland instead?

Which schools did you apply to?

Thanks for the info.

Archived