Premed 101 Forums

For current students: how do you take notes?

I'm looking to get a new comp and as usual, I am faced with the Mac or PC conundrum. Something that would make this decision easier is knowing how you take notes in class. Do you print them off? Use Adobe/OneNote/something else? If OneNote is by far the best program for taking notes and organizing lectures, then my decision is pretty easy...if not, I'm back at square one (which is not a bad thing - I like Macs, but don't mind PC's and prefer functionality over anything). Let me know!

get a pc. onenote is pretty awesome. some application that does PDF editing also works well.

full sized laptop is how most go. trend for some to goto netbooks with a desktop/more powerful laptop @ home and transfer the files.

check out the ultimate steal website for cheap windows 7/office 2007. just need a valid student email addy.

Most students add comments to the pdf files of the powerpoint lectures. Some students use OneNote. Some students use OmniOutliner on the Mac. Some students make very few notes. Some students take their notes on paper.

It's really with what you find you are most comfortable.

Archived