Premed 101 Forums

Activities on Application

Hey again. So I'm checking out this "30 activity" setup they have on the application. I sort of like that there isn't one autobiographical sketch or essay, just descriptions of your activities + 5 "big" things to write 1000 char's on. My question is, how far back can I go?

I'm in the mid 20's of my list of activities and I really don't want to fill it up with nonsense things that I did in the past 4 years. I did a bunch of really cool things in my last year of high school that I couldn't continue once I started university, and I wouldn't mind using them to fill the 30. Any thoughts?

Hey again. So I'm checking out this "30 activity" setup they have on the application. I sort of like that there isn't one autobiographical sketch or essay, just descriptions of your activities + 5 "big" things to write 1000 char's on. My question is, how far back can I go?

I'm in the mid 20's of my list of activities and I really don't want to fill it up with nonsense things that I did in the past 4 years. I did a bunch of really cool things in my last year of high school that I couldn't continue once I started university, and I wouldn't mind using them to fill the 30. Any thoughts?

Last year of high school is usually legit for most schools (16+), so I think you're safe.

Is the application up and running now? I'm trying to log in but get a blank screen

Edit: Looks like July 15!

my computer is obviously broken then, as I have half my application filled. This is gonna be sweet when it gets deleted and I have to start over.

edit: yeah Prateek, that must've been updated today! 3 hours ago it still said "date to be announced"

my computer is obviously broken then, as I have half my application filled. This is gonna be sweet when it gets deleted and I have to start over.

edit: yeah Prateek, that must've been updated today! 3 hours ago it still said "date to be announced"

Yea I've been trying to log in for the last 3 days but I wasn't able to. I guess you should save all your information just in case it gets deleted

Newfie Mike, can you tell us what exactly is needed in the application? i.e what kind of essays, sketch, is needed and what not...?

please and thank you

I certainly can. On the assumption that it will not change in 10 days:

-3 referees. Not a traditional letter, but they will be emailed a referee section where they probably have to answer some questions about you.

-no essay (as far as I can tell)

-activities: you can list up to 30 activities. These include: employment, volunteering (health-related), volunteering (non-health-related), extracurricular activities, awards, others. The majority of these activities require referees to vouch for you (require email/phone # of a verifier). For each activity, they let you write ~200 characters about it. However, you are allowed to choose 5 as "your big 5" which you are allowed to write 1000 characters about the impact of said activity.

...that's about it, other than a place to put in your MCAT score, each individual course (HACK), and if you're interested in the Leaders in Medicine program or not.

I certainly can. On the assumption that it will not change in 10 days:

-3 referees. Not a traditional letter, but they will be emailed a referee section where they probably have to answer some questions about you.

-no essay (as far as I can tell)

-activities: you can list up to 30 activities. These include: employment, volunteering (health-related), volunteering (non-health-related), extracurricular activities, awards, others. The majority of these activities require referees to vouch for you (require email/phone # of a verifier). For each activity, they let you write ~200 characters about it. However, you are allowed to choose 5 as "your big 5" which you are allowed to write 1000 characters about the impact of said activity.

...that's about it, other than a place to put in your MCAT score, each individual course (HACK), and if you're interested in the Leaders in Medicine program or not.

I hope you get into a real school in a real province mike

ontario.jpg

Archived