Premed 101 Forums

TPR Practice test hardness

Sebriz

TPR verbal is just awful. I get 7, 8 on TPR verbal but 10 and 11 on the AAMCs. So if you're doing particularly bad in the verbal I wouldn't worry too much. Although some kid in my prep class was still getting 11's and 12's on the TPR verbals, so it is possible to do well on them.

I agree with the above poster above the physics and bio. Bio is a bit easier, while physics is a bit harder. Stay away from TPR test #8. That test is crazy and will do nothing but demoralize you.

The workout does have some difficult passages. But I would rather do difficult passages while practicing. After completing the workbook and doing AAMC practice tests, I am relieved by how straightforward the AAMC passages are. I think killing you during practice is good because it prepares you for the worst and gives you that feeling of "oh ****, I'm getting smoked I better study harder" kind of feeling.

The workout does have some difficult passages. But I would rather do difficult passages while practicing. After completing the workbook and doing AAMC practice tests, I am relieved by how straightforward the AAMC passages are. I think killing you during practice is good because it prepares you for the worst and gives you that feeling of "oh ****, I'm getting smoked I better study harder" kind of feeling.

I agree completely. The TPR VR is really quire difficult, but I would welcome a greater chanllenge on VR for sure. EK's passages are way too easy, although the questions are probably harder than AAMC. TPR's passages and questions are a lot harder than AAMC's.

Do you know where I can get more TPR passages? I only have the Verbal and Writing book. Also, it says that it includes two online full length practice tests, but does not detail how I can access them....?

I agree completely. The TPR VR is really quire difficult, but I would welcome a greater chanllenge on VR for sure. EK's passages are way too easy, although the questions are probably harder than AAMC. TPR's passages and questions are a lot harder than AAMC's.

Do you know where I can get more TPR passages? I only have the Verbal and Writing book. Also, it says that it includes two online full length practice tests, but does not detail how I can access them....?

Go here: http://testprep.princetonreview.com/cracking/

Use the serial number on the inside of the front cover page to register.

Archived