Premed 101 Forums

Enough Prep Time ??

Robio

Hi I have scheduled to write in 2 months and am taking a Kaplan Course. I'm almost done reviewing Physics and Gen Chem-- and maybe 3-4 more days for Bio and Orgo. I haven't really started practicing the WS yet because I'm waiting for Kaplan to go over it first but I've been practicing a little verbal. I feel very confident in Orgo, Bio, and Chem-- And I've been getting 13's on Biological sciences, and 11's/12's on Physical Sciences (AAMC 4/10/Kaplan tests) (without fully reviewing). But I've also gotten 6 on the verbal-- and not sure how I would do in writing. I was wondering if I'm giving myself enough time with this or if I should postpone my write date to much later. Any help would be appreciated-- Thanks!

2 months is enough time to prepare, but you definitely have to start improving your VR score (which you have sufficient time to do). Have you not gone over VR in class yet? Start learning those strategies, reading your VR review notes, and doing extra reading of just about anything (to increase your reading speed). You maybe should also read ahead a little in WS and get practicing.

But don't worry about time. Unless you're also working full-time for the next 2 months, you have plenty of it, and even if you are working, it still should be enough if you're disciplined.

Archived