Premed 101 Forums

AMCAS Letter Writer Application

Hi,

I am getting confused as to how we are supposed to get our LOR's into the letter writing AMCAS service and would really appreciate if someone can guide me through what i have to do.

1) We have to make all our letter request forms before we submit the application right? We cant make these forms after the submission is complete even though we can have our letters coming in periodically after submission is complete

2)I have made some of my letter request forms, can we just email these to our LORs or do we have to give them in person? Also, do they have to include this letter with the LOR?

3) So after we have made the letter request form, we just send it to our supervisor and then just wait for our LOR to carry out the next processes right?

Thanks!

The easiest way is to get your writer to upload it online. If they do it this way they just need the letter's I'd (on the request form, each letter gets a diff one) and your AMCAS ID. If you read the request form, it explains the options for sending it very well. You can always add letters later and have to go to the "medical schools" page after and assign which letters to send to each school individually. You can assign the letters before they're sent too, but med schools mostly will not review until they are in.

Both the AMCAS instructions (http://www.amcas.org) and LOR request form can give you comprehensive info.

Hi Law,

thanks a lot for your response. But, I was wondering will I be able to add letter request forms (w/c are needed for the letter id's) after I have submitted my application ? Because I am not sure if one of my references can write an LOR for me yet, but I want to submit it now

Hi Law,

thanks a lot for your response. But, I was wondering will I be able to add letter request forms (w/c are needed for the letter id's) after I have submitted my application ? Because I am not sure if one of my references can write an LOR for me yet, but I want to submit it now

Yes, after you send it out you will still be able to add additional letters. I didn't add ANY letters before I submitted my primary. All of them came after initial submission.

Archived