Premed 101 Forums

AAMC practice test vs real test

gryphon

So, on the AAMC practice tests there are warnings at the 45 min mark and for the final 5 min. Now, I'm not sure if this is just my internet browser or what, but until you click OK, the timer stops... so for example, say you're reading a VR passage and the warning pops up. You could essentially keep on reading the passage and read through the questions and then click OK once you're ready to fill in the answers, and therefore gain a few extra minutes... A previous thread said that these warnings still pop up on the real MCAT, but what about the stopping of the time?? I'm thinking it's wishful thinking on my part, but does anyone know?

Also, for the 10 min break, if you're not back in your seat after the 10 min I understand that it automatically goes to the next section, but how long do you have until it actually starts the next section? i.e. if you didn't click 'Next' is there a time limit before it starts?

Anyway, not banking on any of these 'loopholes' I guess you could say, lol, but just curious if anyone knows! Thanks!

Archived