Premed 101 Forums

August 12th MCAT

Turkelton

Practice, practice, practice and more practice. It sometimes feels so repetitive but you start to realize that the same type of problem takes less time to do because you understand the concept so well. At the end of the day, time management is the most important thing for the MCAT (and most standardized tests). I realized the first time around, I understood some concepts, but I spent too much time trying to dissect each problem that I ran out of time. Practice helps to show you how to weed out only the important info and automatically know what the question is asking. Where are you writing btw, if you don't mind me asking?

I write August 13th if thats close enough :P ! Friday the 13th by the way ! Struggling right now to get in some essay practice, and need to review all my bio and organic chemistry (just learned it this summer). Then got to see if I still know the physical section. Then Verbal, self-explanatory. So much to do, so little time!

• 3 weeks later...

Well PS went a lot better than last time, its always been my weakest section. BS only had 2 orgo passages and wasn't too tough overall. Verbal is always up in the air in my opinion, sometimes you feel you killed it and get an 8 or 9, other times you feel unsure and it ends up being a 10 or 11.

VR is much longer. I usually finish with a couple minutes to spare, but on the real thing it went right until the very end. If you're used to seeing 5 paragraphs per passage, expect to see about 6-7 paragraphs per passage. Everything is a little more difficult on test day.

Archived