Premed 101 Forums

Arguing verbal reasoning answers

boobiman

Is it just me or do some people find them self really not agreeing with a VR answer. I have been doing the EK 101 passages and I find some times that even after reading the answer I still am not convinced if its right.

Does the real mcat/aamc test (havent done any) have answer that are more acceptable and non-debatable? Or am I just being weird? :confused:

Yeah I am finding some of the answers are ambiguous or not as well supported as another answer. This is comparing to the AAMC tests though. The style of verbal reasoning in EK is not to my liking. Well most questions are fine and logical, but some seem completely illogical to me. The whole idea of verbal reasoning I would think meant using logic to reason. But some of the answers require myself to drop my traditional logical flow of thought and just simply recognize this is what they always want.

Other words, I do have some complaints myself but the material seems to be great practice for the most part. We just need to recognize the patterns they are trying to get us to see. Or so I am told :)

The Verbal Reasoning section of the MCAT is designed to assess your ability to understand, evaluate, and apply information and arguments presented in prose texts. The test consists of several passages, each 500 to 600 words long, taken from the humanities and social sciences and from areas of the natural sciences not tested on the MCAT Physical and Biological Sciences sections.

Custom Term Papers

Archived