Premed 101 Forums

Idioms? Really McMaster?

should we be picking examples from both personal lives as well as academic/work places? it would seem logical to me to be presenting all aspects of yourself as this is the adcoms chance to get to know you as a person, but if you use examples from personal lives such as how you helped members of your family, would it be okay to ask your relative to be your verifier?

Mac doesn't look at your autobiographical submission in full. Each question is marked by an independent grader, so no one will ever see all 5 answers at once. Given that, I'd recommend that you choose the examples that best answer the question and that you are most comfortable discussing.

Q 1: Describe a situation when you went above and beyond the call of duty. Reflect on your reasons for doing so.

I'm really struggling with finding an answer for this question. Does "going beyond the call of duty" mean self-sacrifice. Would anyone give a few examples perhaps?

thanks so much!

so, even though they use seperate graders...........does only one person confirm with the verifers....issue is ..i am a nursing student and all my examples are nursing based with the same preceptor as the verifier for each of the 5 questions.....i have been suggested to use atleast 1 or 2 non-nursing examples to expand my experiences...also it has been suggested that one verifier is less credible than 5 different verifiers....

issue is that i only have the one preceptor who can prove my examples and i donthave many other examples.....plus, its too ltate to start my answers from scratch and find verifiers....

even if i dno find verifiers they may not remember the tiny examples from over 2 yrs ago.

also, if the graders are different per question, would it really matter if all are nurisng related answers and all have the same verifier? 5 different ppl will have access to the info anyway and will not figure out that i my life has been nursing focused with only one verifier.

any comments? suggestions?

Archived