Premed 101 Forums

Good Writing Sample examples

medhopeful64

So most people recommend to have about 5 (maybe more?) good examples to have on hand for the WS, so you can apply them to many prompts. My question is, what were your 5 examples? Should I be looking into 5 examples for each level (ie, 5 local examples, 5 national, and 5 good international examples).

Also, is it okay if you do use well-known historical examples? TPR says to aim for unique examples (of course, that would set you apart from the crowd), but I've heard from people around here that they used well known ones and still got a great mark.

I'm asking because I'm struggling to come up with examples on time AND finish the essay within the 30 minutes. Any help would be great!

• 4 weeks later...

Pierre Trudeau is applicable to a lot of prompts.

-He had a Hollywood-ish personal life, went through a divorce. (Applicable for prompts like A politician's private life is of no concern to the public)

-His handling of the FLQ crisis. He invoked the War Measures Act instead of wasting time deliberating (The best politician is one most removed from politics).

-His views on the government's role in society "The government has no place in the bedrooms of the nation"

And many more... I found I was able to use Trudeau for almost any prompt that asked about a politician. He was such a unique character.

I'd also look up a few examples of ethical fails in science (I think I used the Tuskegee syphillis trials - someone correct me if I've got the name of that wrong).

The recent handling of the BP oil spill also applies to a lot of corporate prompts. A lot of prompts ask about what corporations are morally responsible for in relation to the public, environment, etc.

Anyways, that's a start, and covers a good number of prompts.

Pierre Trudeau is applicable to a lot of prompts.

-He had a Hollywood-ish personal life, went through a divorce. (Applicable for prompts like A politician's private life is of no concern to the public)

-His handling of the FLQ crisis. He invoked the War Measures Act instead of wasting time deliberating (The best politician is one most removed from politics).

-His views on the government's role in society "The government has no place in the bedrooms of the nation"

And many more... I found I was able to use Trudeau for almost any prompt that asked about a politician. He was such a unique character.

I'd also look up a few examples of ethical fails in science (I think I used the Tuskegee syphillis trials - someone correct me if I've got the name of that wrong).

The recent handling of the BP oil spill also applies to a lot of corporate prompts. A lot of prompts ask about what corporations are morally responsible for in relation to the public, environment, etc.

Anyways, that's a start, and covers a good number of prompts.

Wow, thank you so much gb35! I am struggling the most on the political prompts in particular, so that was really helpful! I will definitely do some research about him. And thanks to you too future_doc, I'll read up on north korea as well.

Archived