Premed 101 Forums

AAMC tests and ranking in difficulty?

medguy5367

What I have heard is that AAMC 3 to 5 are easier and 6 to 8 are an accurate representation of the real MCAT difficulty.

I have also heard that AAMC 9 and 10 are harder than the real MCAT, is this true?

I just did AAMC 9, found it hard, and got a noticeably lower score.

Can anyone share their opinion or experience?

Personally, my lowest score has been on AAMC 7, and my highest score on AAMC 6 followed by AAMC 9. It will be different for different people because everyone has subjects that they favor more over others. But I was wondering the same thing too. I was told by my TPR instructor that 7 and 8 are harder than the real MCAT. However, I've also been told by my friends who have recently written the test that the real MCAT was much harder than any of the practice tests they had done. So who knows?

I personally found aamc 9/10 easier, 7/8 were harder and 3 was really easy, 4,5,6 were not so bad. But I agree that it just depends what material shows up on the actual mcat that will either make you or break you. I would like to think the real tests are not as bad as 7/8 but I suspect they are closer to those then 4,5,6. Thats just my two cents.

Archived