Premed 101 Forums

Upcoming MCAT

champ

So my test is approaching in 2 days. I was wondering what people with past experience felt was the best way to approach their last minute studying? Do you think winding down 1-2 days before the test is good idea? To kind of let the mind rest lol? I feel I do know all the material well but the test simulation is something I could always improve upon(timing is critical for verbal). Would doing a practise test with only one day before the test be detrimental? may make you more burnt out, and pay attention to detail a little less? it may be better to go into the test feeling more refreshed ? just wondering what other people think on the matter...

So my test is approaching in 2 days. I was wondering what people with past experience felt was the best way to approach their last minute studying? Do you think winding down 1-2 days before the test is good idea? To kind of let the mind rest lol? I feel I do know all the material well but the test simulation is something I could always improve upon(timing is critical for verbal). Would doing a practise test with only one day before the test be detrimental? may make you more burnt out, and pay attention to detail a little less? it may be better to go into the test feeling more refreshed ? just wondering what other people think on the matter...

I guarantee that you will not improve in the next day. Doing a practice test would be fine, but what is the point? If you don't do as well as you would have wanted to, you panic, and there's nothing you can do anymore. Even though 100% know your should relax in the last day or two leading up to the mcat, 90% don't do it. It would be a different story if it were a normal midterm where you had to cram things in. But this is something you've studied for for months. You won't change anything. Best thing to do is relax, and get as good a sleep as possible before the test. Good luck.

Archived