Premed 101 Forums

Verbal reasoning - what's wrong with me?

confused007

I've been practicing verbal for a while now. Right now my scores are at around 9 to 10. I realized that my main problem is that I keep changing my answer to the wrong one. If I stuck with my initial answer, my scores would have been 11 or 12. Is anyone else having the same trouble? I really want to stop this bad habit but it's so difficult...

I do similar things sometimes.

I'd say on net I change more incorrect to correct, but I find very often just as I'm about to choose an answer I go oh wait a second... maybe c) is what there referring to.. then i'm left with 50/50's.

Which tests are you taking?

I found that both Kaplan and TPR practice tests / questions frequently had ambiguous or even incorrect answers that caused a lot of my 'errors'. The actual MCAT ones are much better at this so that might help you =P

I do similar things sometimes.

I'd say on net I change more incorrect to correct, but I find very often just as I'm about to choose an answer I go oh wait a second... maybe c) is what there referring to.. then i'm left with 50/50's.

Which tests are you taking?

I found that both Kaplan and TPR practice tests / questions frequently had ambiguous or even incorrect answers that caused a lot of my 'errors'. The actual MCAT ones are much better at this so that might help you =P

I was actually practicing with the AAMC ones. Oh well, I'm just going to stick with my original answers from now on since it's always correct the first time. Thanks.

I hope you're right that the actual MCAT is much better. I'm doing EK practice tests and sometimes I think the answers as well as the explanations are completely wrong.

Archived