Premed 101 Forums

New backpack coming first to U of C

For over 10 years, 1st Year Medical Students have looked forward to receiving their cohort's backpack from MD Physician Services, a Canadian Medical Association company. The backpacks are clearly identifiable by colour and will be distributed by the CMA, MD and Provincial Medical Associations. Med Students from across Canada tell us this signature bag enables them to quickly identify colleagues in the same year or from other graduating years.

This year, the 2010 MD/CMA backpacks are two tone silver/grey.

The first ones will be distributed at the University of Calgary this Friday, July 30, at the information fair immediately following the presentations in the Libin Theatre.

Enjoy the backpack and congratulations on making the choice to pursue a career in medicine!

It does have a padded laptop compartment, and it's quite a roomy one. The bag is a different model than last year's. There's a ridiculous number of pockets and organizers and things.

Sounds sweeet. Maybe I'll wait. I've always used the messenger type of bag b/c i was able to prevent things banging against the laptop, but it sounds like this bag might do the trick. Been forever since i wore an actual backpack though haha. Wondering if I should buy a lunch box too? j/k

Sounds sweeet. Maybe I'll wait. I've always used the messenger type of bag b/c i was able to prevent things banging against the laptop, but it sounds like this bag might do the trick. Been forever since i wore an actual backpack though haha. Wondering if I should buy a lunch box too? j/k

You should wait for sure. The backpack is pretty awesome and i doubt u`ll need to buy another one. I bought a lunch box already :)

You should wait for sure. The backpack is pretty awesome and i doubt u`ll need to buy another one. I bought a lunch box already :)

Thanks!

I might still buy a messenger type bag - I find these look a little more professional if you have meetings with faculty or doctors and the like - but that's just a personal thing. Definitely for day to day use these backpacks sure do sound good. I'm thinking there's gotto be a lot of mix-ups though as everyone has the same one so i might get my mom to stitch my name in mine after she packs my transformers lunchbox - sweet!

Guest p0stman
Thanks!

I might still buy a messenger type bag - I find these look a little more professional if you have meetings with faculty or doctors and the like - but that's just a personal thing. Definitely for day to day use these backpacks sure do sound good. I'm thinking there's gotto be a lot of mix-ups though as everyone has the same one so i might get my mom to stitch my name in mine after she packs my transformers lunchbox - sweet!

Still has mom packing lunch for you??? Lucky... :"[

Guest p0stman
agreed, not that I'm complaining or anything-- it is a free backpack after all! but i wish they woulda stuck with the old style... i like the colors though!

What was the old style anyway? I thought only the color changed from year to year. What does it say on the backpack exactly? It's kind of hard to read since the picture is a bit blurry.

agreed, not that I'm complaining or anything-- it is a free backpack after all! but i wish they woulda stuck with the old style... i like the colors though!

I initially didn't love it, but I looked up the bag on the High Sierra website, and now that I have a better idea what it will look like, it's actually going to be pretty nice. We're getting a very slightly modified version of this bag:

post-12557-140744794583_thumb.jpg

No no ...don't get me wrong free is free....just saying.

Also correct me if i'm wrong but its not a high sierra brand backpack. High Sierra is a reputable brand in the states. And I agree with the above statements re: the old style. They look good and are durable.... My friend's has been through a beating and its still in one piece. It's going to be a dual between that and his mountain equipment co-op bag.

No no ...don't get me wrong free is free....just saying.

Also correct me if i'm wrong but its not a high sierra brand backpack. High Sierra is a reputable brand in the states. And I agree with the above statements re: the old style. They look good and are durable.... My friend's has been through a beating and its still in one piece. It's going to be a dual between that and his mountain equipment co-op bag.

No it definitely is a High sierra backpack and I'm pretty sure you get a life time warranty with it...

Archived