Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Practice #9 Difficulty

dw88

Hi ladies and gents,

So I just wrote the practice test #9 from e-mcat.com site and was wondering how people feel it fares in difficulty.

I found bio and physics reasonably tough, but did well enough that I'm happy about it. But, I found that verbal reasoning was next to impossible - particularly the one passage.

I was just wondering if there is any consensus on the difficulty of test 9

Thank You

yeah I heard somewhere that tests 9 and 10 were the "hardest" ones.

Just wondering if this is accepted theory or one persons guess =P.

And I can vouch for the fact that the VR is insanely hard. The 2nd last passage I got 2/7 on and it totally ruined my mark, and that was on my 2nd attempt where i took unlimited time to try to bust through them. On top of that it was a long one i felt =(

yeah I heard somewhere that tests 9 and 10 were the "hardest" ones.

Just wondering if this is accepted theory or one persons guess =P.

And I can vouch for the fact that the VR is insanely hard. The 2nd last passage I got 2/7 on and it totally ruined my mark, and that was on my 2nd attempt where i took unlimited time to try to bust through them. On top of that it was a long one i felt =(

Tests 7 and 8 are the hardest ones.

I wasn't able to complete the PS section and thats why I think i got a 7. I guessed on an entire passage.

I dont remember much about the VR section.

In my opinion, no AAMC tests are deliberately "harder" than the other ones. It's all about what areas the test writer happens to be strongest or weakest at.

My worst scores were on 6 and 7, and I wrote those after having written 10, 8, and 5.

8, 9, and 10 were my best scores overall, with only 9 having been written after "bottoming out" on 6 and 7.

Archived