Premed 101 Forums

Stuck on a score!!

sparkles3288

Hi everyone,

So i'm writing my MCAT in just over a month and have been practicing physics/chem non-stop (my worst subjects--especially physics!). I wrote my exam last year and got a 10B,9P,and 13V. My bio has gone up a lot (around 13ish) but i've been stuck on 10 for physical sciences for the longest time!

I've reviewed all the material and have been doing practice (AAMC and PR/Kaplan/Examkrackers). Was anyone ever in this position and how did you get your score nudging past that 10 mark?

Thanks for any advice!

Two tips:

Take a break from writing any PS for a few days, or maybe even a week if you've got a month to go. I hit plateaus a couple times, and actually regressed a couple times, and always found that a break to let me clear my head let me improve. If you've studied that much, you've either maxed out your score, or, and this is more likely, you've overworked yourself, and know more than you think. Take a break, come back to it refresshed, and see what happens.

The other tip, and you may already be doing this, is spend almost as much time going over practise tests as you do writing them. In detail, go over why you got answers wrong, what you missed in the passage, etc. And even look at right answers to see if you got some right for the wrong reasons (it happens a lot!). I guarantee if you do this you will see trends and be able to identify specific areas you need to improve in.

Good luck, hope this helps!

Archived