Premed 101 Forums

Letters of Evaluation Needed for Interviews?

This might be a fairly simple question, but hopefully someone will be able to help me out. I'm in the process of finishing my primary application, but I'm not sure when it is necessary to get my letters of evaluation to US medical schools. The main problem is that I plan on using a letter from the supervisor of my current research position which finishes at the end of August. It's only a two month position, so I'd prefer to work for as long as possible before requesting the letter.

So, in short, my question is do you need to submit your primary application, secondary application and letters of evaluation in order to be considered for an interview? If so, does that also mean that all three compononents should be done asap because of rolling admissions?

Thanks.

Yes, you have to be "complete" (verified primary, secondary, letters) to be considered for an interview. But it will take you a little while for your primary to be verified, so I guess you could wait a little to submit your letters. You also don't have to add any letters or designate them to submit the primary, which is nice.

If you're only waiting on that one letter, but the other ones you do have would be enough to be "complete" at some schools, just add the straggler later and designate it to the schools that are left.

Though it would be best to have the letters in asap because of rolling admissions, for sure!!

Archived