Premed 101 Forums

Help with choosing schools

Hey

I interviewed at UWO and wayne state this past cycle and got waitlisted at both schools and at this point I'm ready to apply again. I understand its my fault that I kept my hopes on these school and waited so long. However, my PS is ready, my amcas is ready (after proffreading a few more times), letters are ready, and I need to order out transcripts. Here's my list of schools.

GPA 3.67 or 3.71 depending on amcas verification.

MCAT 8V/ 12PS/ 11BS - 31

Boston University School of Medicine

George Washington University Sch of Med & Hlth Sci

Jefferson Medical Coll. of Thomas Jefferson Univ.

Medical College of Wisconsin

Michigan State University

New York Medical College

New York University

Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicin

Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Scien

SUNY Upstate Medical University

Wayne State University School of Medicine

Do schools look down on you if you apply multiple times??

thanks

guys

when you applied to wayne state last year, was ur GPA 3.67 or 3.71 as well? because if was lower before and now it went up it looks good. The same goes for the MCATS did you re write and get a higher score? I think if you had a major change in you stats or if you got some voluntere experience, then they won't look down at your reapplication.

As far as I know, US schools do not keep a record of how often you applied to their school. They might ask you whether you've applied to their school previously. Either way, there's no "3 strikes and you are out" rule like in Ottawa med, so it should be fine imho. Maybe the school will be flattered that you asked her out so much? :P

Archived