Premed 101 Forums

For people who have written the MCAT: How close was it to AAMC scores?

medguy5367

If you averaged all your AAMC scores, how close was the score you actually got?

I wrote the MCAT recently and, although I did AAMC 3-10, I keep getting the feeling that it was harder in some ways than any of them... especially biological sciences.

I'm trying not to stress out too much but there's 30 days to go till I get my score!

i wrote the MCAT two years ago... my AAMC scores were 14/15's for bio and physics sections, and ranged from 7-12 for verbal... my score on the real thing was 13 10 13 S... i definitely felt like the real thing was harder... i found the aamc verbal represented the real thing pretty well... but the aamc science sections were always extremely easy for me, and i would always finish with 30-40 minutes to spare... the real thing took me the whole time, the passages seemed more in depth, and the questions a bit harder - but it could also be that i booked an 8am exam despite being a slight insomniac, and went in with a 3 hours sleep lol

anyways, don't worry... if it seemed harder, than it was likely harder for everyone, and you can ride the bell curve

Archived