Premed 101 Forums

GPA Question

Over the past few years, the review cutoff seems to be around ~450. With a GPA of 3.65, you would hit that threshold if you get around the following scores:

VS, BS

11, 14

12, 12

13, 10

14, 8

15, 6

But I'd apply even if you had all 11s, you never know...

That formula uses your best 2 years not your cGPA.

ok guys, im slightly confused here.

I have a ~3.94 GPA and the best 2 years being ~3.95. My algorithm score is 435.x.

It says on the manual that the pre-interview scoring is:

50% academic

25% EC's

15% MCAT

10% reference letters

BUT someone here said you need a score of >450 to get an interview if you are OOP

Because I dont have a 450+, is it worth applying? Could anyone explain to me what the algorithm is for if they take EC's, letters, etc. into account? Thanks!

50% academic

25% EC's

15% MCAT

10% reference letters

BUT someone here said you need a score of >450 to get an interview if you are OOP

The cutoff score (450, or whatever it was) is to see whether OOP applicants get file review (meaning that they'll actually read your application and look at ECs, LORs etc.). Getting full file review doesn't mean you'll get an interview, it just means that you're still in the running to get one.

ok guys, im slightly confused here.

I have a ~3.94 GPA and the best 2 years being ~3.95. My algorithm score is 435.x.

50% academic

25% EC's

15% MCAT

10% reference letters

Because I dont have a 450+, is it worth applying? Could anyone explain to me what the algorithm is for if they take EC's, letters, etc. into account? Thanks!

The algorithm is:

62.517 (GPA) + 12.122 (MCAT,VR) + 6.757(MCAT,BS)

If your score is <450 with all your stats being input on the above algorithm then you PROBABLY will not receive a full file review.

A full file review consists of:

50% academic

25% EC's

15% MCAT

10% reference letters

- Lupe

Archived