Premed 101 Forums

freaking out a bit...

kawalac

Ok, so I have written the MCAT twice, once last year and once again on July 29th, 2010. When I log on to the AAMC score report, my score from last year is there but there is no indication that I have written on the 29th of July. I know I'm not supposed to get the scores back for at least a couple of weeks, but I thought there would be some indication that I had written. Am I just freaking out or is this normal? I've e-mailed the AAMC but I probably won't get a response for awhile...

lol.. I'm not asking to get my scores back sooner. I just want to make sure that my test didn't get lost somehow. It would be awful if I waited until the release date for my scores only to find out that my test was lost somehow and that I would have to write again.

I dont remember my account ever making mention of my scores until they were released... or mentioning that I had written it or anything... but I could be mistaken I suppose...

I agree with everyone else, just relax, the score should be posted eventually, no worries.

I am digressing by a tad...

I wrote my mcats this summer, but I feeling ambivalent about it.. I know I am more confident than the last time I wrote it. However, I have a fear "what if I did poorly?" By the time I find out my score, all the mcat tests will be done.

So, now I am flipping back & forth on whether to write it again on one of the early September dates.

Any thoughts about this? Has anyone done this? What was the outcome like? How do I evaluate this situation? I'm not studying as diligently as I did when I knew I had a test date.

So I'm kinda freaking out...

I am digressing by a tad...

I wrote my mcats this summer, but I feeling ambivalent about it.. I know I am more confident than the last time I wrote it. However, I have a fear "what if I did poorly?" By the time I find out my score, all the mcat tests will be done.

So, now I am flipping back & forth on whether to write it again on one of the early September dates.

Any thoughts about this? Has anyone done this? What was the outcome like? How do I evaluate this situation? I'm not studying as diligently as I did when I knew I had a test date.

So I'm kinda freaking out...

I would register for a date, study for it, then decide to take it or not after finding out your results. Even if you do not end up taking it, you'll be losing 230$ at the most (if you cancel after the 1/2 money return deadline). I think it's a better investment in the long run. :o Good luck!

I would register for a date, study for it, then decide to take it or not after finding out your results. Even if you do not end up taking it, you'll be losing 230$ at the most (if you cancel after the 1/2 money return deadline). I think it's a better investment in the long run. :o Good luck!

I find out my score after the 11th of September, which is the last day to write. :confused:

Archived