Premed 101 Forums

August 20th MCAT Writers

charmer08

OMG JUST 3 MORE DAYS!!! Can't wait... I just wanna get it over with. I haven't studied anything this week and am not even planning to. I'm tired of studying... I remember I was so excited to begin studying for the mcat but I'm just tired now... Lets get this thing over with and enjoy the last days of the summer break :D

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG JUST 3 MORE DAYS!!! Can't wait... I just wanna get it over with. I haven't studied anything this week and am not even planning to. I'm tired of studying... I remember I was so excited to begin studying for the mcat but I'm just tired now... Lets get this thing over with and enjoy the last days of the summer break :D

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!!

Haha amen! I can't wait to have this over with...it's been looming over me all summer! Friday evening cannot some soon enough! Where are you writing?

I'm writing in Victoria. Can't waaaaaaaaait... at least things are going well. I just took AAMC #9 today and scored a 34!! 12,11,11. I'm writing #10 on Wednesday, hopefully that works out just as well. Only thing I'm worried about is the essay- I've only got minimal feedback. I understand the structure, what to include, etc, so hopefully that will be fine as well.

Best of luck to everyone writing on Friday!

oh my goodness, YES, can't wait for the 20th! I think the MCAT has ruined my summer - between work, studying, soccer and working out, I had maybe 1 free night a week :(

Totally killed all my camping and road tripping plans!

I'm doing the AAMC __R tests, they're apparently same as the CBTs except it has more passages... and HOLY COW careless mistakes.

Does anyone else find that as the test drags on you don't read as carefully anymore and sometimes pick the opposite of the correct answer because you misunderstood the question? XD

oh my goodness, YES, can't wait for the 20th! I think the MCAT has ruined my summer - between work, studying, soccer and working out, I had maybe 1 free night a week :(

Totally killed all my camping and road tripping plans!

I'm doing the AAMC __R tests, they're apparently same as the CBTs except it has more passages... and HOLY COW careless mistakes.

Does anyone else find that as the test drags on you don't read as carefully anymore and sometimes pick the opposite of the correct answer because you misunderstood the question? XD

It happens to me all the time especially in verbal... I go back to the passage and when I come back to the question, I forget that there was a NOT in caps. Thats why I don't understand how some people get 13+.

What are you guys planning for the next couple of days to lead up to the exam?

Wednesday I'm doing AAMC #10, then reviewing. Thursday I drive to get to my test center (like 10 hour day- joys of living in the north!). I might go through my AAMCs on the morning of the test, since its part of my pre-test ritual.

i'll be driving to my test center too! just to check it out and ease the nerves and judge the traffic (im writing in downtown toronto). i think i will also go over my physics formulas. other than that i hope to just let everything absorb into my brain lol.

Was it just me or the bio section was really difficult?

and ughhhh why did both the prompts have to be about politics :(

yep. BS very hard. The discreets sucked. It was nothing you could have known if you didn't specifically study it. Damn obscure questions!!

The whole thing sucked but hopefully everyone found it as bad as we did and the curve helps us out!

Well...I found all sections very hard, especially the verbal reasoning and Bio.

Come on... they didn't focus much on memorizing and the practice tests were a lot easier than this!

Also...what was frustrating is that 90% of the stuff were new and most undergraduates would never know about..so you had to read and analyze every single passage! argggghhhhhhh

I hope the scale is low for this one

Well...I found all sections very hard, especially the verbal reasoning and Bio.

Come on... they didn't focus much on memorizing and the practice tests were a lot easier than this!

Also...what was frustrating is that 90% of the stuff were new and most undergraduates would never know about..so you had to read and analyze every single passage! argggghhhhhhh

I hope the scale is low for this one

MCAT isn't about memorization...

Archived