Premed 101 Forums

Writing Sample Verbal Instructor Marking

charmer08

UGH These TPR verbal instructors mark the writing sample so hard. I doubt the real writing sample will be marked like that. Does anyone know?

I agree with you, I don't even think they read half of them. I'll finish one essay expecting to kill it and get a 4 while finish another thinking that it's not my best work and get a 6. Most of the comments are so generic, I've got no clue what my actual WS will be.

Either way, verbal seems to have its hands gripped firmly around my balls so I'm not sure it will be of any relevance unless the gods have a change of heart come MCAT time.

Good luck

p.s. - I found the instructors more helpful in determining how well I was doing with regards to writing sample. You get 5 essays to hand in right? Those were helpful because the comments actually made sense in terms of my essay but I think they were pretty harsh.

Edit. Ohh you said instructors - I agree that they were tough but their comments were actually helpful when comparing them to the diagnostic markers

i did a the princteon review diagnostic test..and it says you get on free token to submit your essays for grading. does anyone know the time frame of how long it takes to receive the grades? i write on friday..and would like as much feedback as possible!!!

thanks

i did a the princteon review diagnostic test..and it says you get on free token to submit your essays for grading. does anyone know the time frame of how long it takes to receive the grades? i write on friday..and would like as much feedback as possible!!!

thanks

Usually it takes less than a day to recieve the grades. But lately they've been really back with the marking. I just recieved the grades of the essay that I wrote 2 weeks ago.

Their website says it takes 3-5 days so you got to give them atleast 5 days. You can call them if its been over 5 days.

Archived