Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan's Verbal

jordan19

Kaplan verbal doesn't prep you for the mcats... the passages are not very indicative of the actual test. The sciences are great, your science score tends to go up on the actual mcat in comparison to the kaplan tests... but the verbal tends to go down.

The Kaplan verbal passages are considered to be easier than the passages found on the AAMC practice exams and the MCAT.

Yep, I got 13s and 14s on the Kaplan verbal sections and never got anything higher than an 11 on an AAMC practice test. Kaplan might have seemingly complicated passages but the questions are super easy once you get the hang of it.

I personally found my AAMC/Kaplan scores were almost identical, but I was getting more questions wrong with Kaplan. I found Kaplan's passages easy to read, but I just felt the questions were ambiguous and their explanations didn't always satisfy me.

Yep, I got 13s and 14s on the Kaplan verbal sections and never got anything higher than an 11 on an AAMC practice test. Kaplan might have seemingly complicated passages but the questions are super easy once you get the hang of it.

I have a hard time understanding the Kaplan's passage... the ones in examkrackers seems to be more straight forward.

Archived