Premed 101 Forums

Verbal Trouble

medninja

I took my MCAT a few months ago & got VR7, which is the only bad part of my score. I previously took a princeton review course, did part of the EK verbal book & worked very hard on verbal because I knew it would be my toughest section. In practice tests before my MCAT I was getting VR 10, and was dissapointed not to have a higher score on this section on the real test.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to dramtically improve a VR score, even after you've felt you spent a significant amount of time & energy on it?

I took my MCAT a few months ago & got VR7, which is the only bad part of my score. I previously took a princeton review course, did part of the EK verbal book & worked very hard on verbal because I knew it would be my toughest section. In practice tests before my MCAT I was getting VR 10, and was dissapointed not to have a higher score on this section on the real test.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to dramtically improve a VR score, even after you've felt you spent a significant amount of time & energy on it?

To be honest, it depends on how much you read and your vocabulary database.

When your reviewing, make a list of the types of questions your getting wrong. Then ask yourself why you are getting those questions wrong, and if they are within your reach.

Archived