Premed 101 Forums

Organic?

cantaloupe

My test is in two days. Anyways, I've been doing the AAMC tests, and is it just me or is their literally no knowledge of Organic Reactions required? The only thing I've come across that wasn't explained in a passage was elimination/substitution stuff and maybe a couple questions about cation stability and leaving groups? Can anyone who has written the actual thing confirm that there's hardly anything to know that won't be presented in a passage?

well, i hear it is a bit variable, but that there has generally been a trend of reduction in focus on ochem and an increase in focus on biochem. When I wrote it I felt like just about everything could be sorted out by logic and basics... the passages covered almost everything, and there were minimal standalones.

Seeing as the exam is close, I guess there isn't much time to study... but some basic/more indepth knowledge could be the difference between getting the score you want.

For what its worth I got a 14 on bio/ochem, and a 39T overall, it was my first attempt, and I only wrote the free AAMC... so take my advice as the advice of someone who perhaps did better than they should have.

Archived