Premed 101 Forums

Kaplan Sciences ??

Robio

Hi I've just been reading some of the posts for those who've finished their mcats and it seems like the sciences sections don't really reflect the aamc in that they are more passage based and in depth. Is this an actual trend? or is it just the few tests that have been recently?- I was wondering because it sounds a lot like the actual mcats have science sections very similar to the kaplan sciences. Should I be focusing more on Kaplan FLs or AAMCs?? Writing on the 11th !! Thanks--

I did all of the Kaplan full-lengths and AAMC exams. You'd never know what to expect. Sometimes it's more of a stand-alone style question, and sometimes it's more focused on the given passages. I'd suggest doing all if you got the time since you would never know what to expect. If you're short on time, do the latter half of both Kaplan's tests and AAMC.

My exam was not reflective at all of the Kaplan books. The passages require no so much an extensive knowledge as you might expect, but rather test your problem solving abilities. I mean yes you need to have some fundamental knowledge of everything thats covered in the Kaplan book such as the bones, glycolysis etc, but don't stress memorizing everything to a T.

Archived