Premed 101 Forums

Need help with review material

buddy2009

Hi guys,

I am a first year undergrad student in McGill. I am planning to apply for the MD program by the end of my degree, so I am trying to prepare myself for the MCAT test.

What bothers me is that in my program, there is completely NO physic courses and very few chemistry (a lot of anatomy and bio stuff though) courses. So I wonder how am I going to prepare the Physical science section of the test.

Also, I am confused about the material covered in the test. Does it covers the stuff we did in CEGEP (for quebec students) and high school or it also covers everything we do in undergrad??

I guess I should try reading off some books? So do you guys have some books to recommend on studying?

What you learned in CEGEP should be plenty. Unless they need it for their major, I don't think many premeds take any physics courses past their first year of university, which would be the equivalent of last year of CEGEP. Neither would I think taking more courses would help much anyway. CEGEP chemistry should be enough as well.

Under "preparing for the exam", the AAMC MCAT website has pdf files that tell you what you need to know for the MCAT. You could probably just look through it and see what there is you need to learn/review.

Archived