Premed 101 Forums

Scores from July 30 test

Purplehaze

I didn't write the July 30 mcat test but if you are expecting your score today then you should check back in mid to late afternoon. I recall somewhere, not quite sure where probably SDN forums, that AMCAS tends to release the scores around 2-4 pm. So take a chill pill, go out and relax and come back to see your awesome score at 5 :)

I just checked mine...

I don't know if a VR score of 10 will be good enough to pull me through to a McMaster interview, but my PS/BS scores are pretty good.

My writing score is... M! What! I have no idea what happened here, I can't have screwed up my essays that badly. :( Now I dunno if I should aim to write a September test or not...

Just got my scores - 11/11/O/11. Very surprised, this was better than any of the prep MCATs that I wrote (I only got one 11 on a VR passage, and that was EK VR 101... out of the twenty or so that I wrote). I wrote on the 29th, but figured I'd add it here anyways! Best of luck to everyone still checking!

Thanks Purplehaze... looks like I'll be writing again too! And sorry to hear about the no change in score :( ... damn MCAT!

repede - keep in mind that VR is only worth 25% now for Mac. Also, the previous average was 10.8 or smth, so I would def apply!

Mavrik 13 - that's awesome!! Definitely a bit jealous, haha ... Seems like I had the same thing happen to me, but the other way around, with my scores dropping a couple points :(

For those who are considering rewriting a September test, be aware that the late registration is closing within the next few days. Sept 2nd is the deadline to register for the Sept 9th test and Sept 4th is the deadline for the Sept 11th test.

If I book a September 11th date today in anticipation of an unpleasant surprise on the 7th, can I still get a partial refund on my test fee on 4 days notice?

If I book a September 11th date today in anticipation of an unpleasant surprise on the 7th, can I still get a partial refund on my test fee on 4 days notice?

I don't believe so. According to the MCAT essentials pdf:

"Cancellations

If you decide not to sit for the exam after you have registered for it, you will be eligible for a refund of $115 if you cancel your registration by the regular registration deadline. If you received fee assistance from the AAMC, the refund will be $85."

You need to cancel minimum two weeks before the date of your mcat to get some compensation.

I wrote on the 30th, I got 9PS, 10VR, 11BS Q. Not bad but disappointed that I got the same score as the last time I wrote and I only studied for 3 weeks then. Oh well. Hopefully wont affect my application too severely, my GPA is slightly above competitive average

I don't believe so. According to the MCAT essentials pdf:

"Cancellations

If you decide not to sit for the exam after you have registered for it, you will be eligible for a refund of $115 if you cancel your registration by the regular registration deadline. If you received fee assistance from the AAMC, the refund will be $85."

You need to cancel minimum two weeks before the date of your mcat to get some compensation.

Grrrr, I've got a super tough decision ahead of me it seems...

I wrote on the 30th, I got 9PS, 10VR, 11BS Q. Not bad but disappointed that I got the same score as the last time I wrote and I only studied for 3 weeks then. Oh well. Hopefully wont affect my application too severely, my GPA is slightly above competitive average

With a good GPA and those scores, you should be competitive for UofT, Mac, and Ottawa but you may encounter problems with Queens and Western who work with hard mcat cutoffs.

repede - keep in mind that VR is only worth 25% now for Mac. Also, the previous average was 10.8 or smth, so I would def apply!

Thanks for the encouragement, I'll certainly try. PS 14, VR 10, BS 12, Wr M. 36M, it's like an oxymoron.

I guess I'll be banking on the rumours that UT and UBC don't weight the MCAT very heavily. The cut-off for UT is N for writing... but they sometimes consider people who got M, so here's to hoping I'm one of those "special cases". UBC's bare minimum cut-off is M. Unfortunately, I don't have any writing/English courses in my transcript to prove my writing skills to any admissions committee. *sigh*

I'd certainly like to see the look on their faces when they look at the score "M", then see that I'm an ESL tutor.

Unfortunately for me, I can't do another sitting on the remaining dates, so I'll just have to cross my fingers.

Archived