Premed 101 Forums

Looking for a parking space near Foothills

• 8 months later...
10-15 minute walk @ -35 sounds awful

It isn't fun, but it's not toooooo bad. It's close to the same walk to main campus which I have done for the last 3 years, as long as you have a nice coat, ski-mask, goggles, insulated boots and mits, long-johns, wool socks, snow pants and a locator beacon just in case of an avalanche, its a piece of cake!

Haha yeah I can't afford a locator beacon, so I'll just tie a bright orange bike flag to my backpack in the hopes that I can be extricated from under a giant snowbank.

I was kind of hoping to get a little closer to the action than McMahon, but if it is going to cost a fortune then that is a good option. Though if I'm willing to go that far then maybe I should just suck it up and take the C-Train to Banff Trail... Do our student fees include a transit U-Pass?

Yes your student fees include the UPass.

Another option for parking is finding someone in foothills village that is not using their parking spot. Usually goes for $50/month but it puts you directly across the street from the hospital- 2 min walk.

I live in foothills village but am away doing the rural clerkship and my roommate doesn't have a car. If someone is willing I can rent out my spot. But I am back in Calgary in Jan and would need my spot back then so it would only be available from now until the end of Dec....

It isn't fun, but it's not toooooo bad. It's close to the same walk to main campus which I have done for the last 3 years, as long as you have a nice coat, ski-mask, goggles, insulated boots and mits, long-johns, wool socks, snow pants and a locator beacon just in case of an avalanche, its a piece of cake!

Yeah, I walked it every day for two years on my MSc, and I've never found it all that bad. Sometimes it's really cold but it won't kill you.

Archived