Premed 101 Forums

Travelling as an EC

Hours will likely have zero bearing on how they will evaluate your travel... so it probably won't matter what you put. Are u writing about it as a top 5?

Nope, must it be a top 5 to be mentioned?

you put vacation as an activity?

The App Manual states: "you should take the time to take part in other activities that you enjoy. These might include sports, the arts, travel

and membership in clubs, among other things."

Otherwise I wouldn't have included it.

Nope, must it be a top 5 to be mentioned?

No just explain it enough that it doesn't come across as, "Daddy gave me 5 grand to go to Australia and find myself after high school, so I went and partied." Nothing wrong with that but ask yourself, how does this add to my app?

I included a backpacking trip as one of my activities. As part of the explanation I wrote that this trip was what sparked my love of travel.

I thought it was worth an entry just due to the fact that travel was mentioned in the app manual. At worst I don't think it will hurt my chances!

I included a backpacking trip as one of my activities. As part of the explanation I wrote that this trip was what sparked my love of travel.

I thought it was worth an entry just due to the fact that travel was mentioned in the app manual. At worst I don't think it will hurt my chances!

no, I think that's a great activity. My point is, twice I've spent weeks in the Dominican Republic at a resort. These trips were technically travel, but I'd never consider that an activity. I think the context of the travel is really important.

It depends on how you talk about the impact. Canada is a very multicultural country and as a physician you will be dealing with people of different backgrounds, beliefs, customs, traditions, etc.

At the end I think almost any activity could be used provided you could tie it up to the roles of a physician or how this will help you as a physican.

Archived