Premed 101 Forums

Too late to be properly considered for some schools?

isix

Hi,

If anyone can help, I'd very much appreciate it.

So far, I've only applied to two schools (the others coming up in the November 1st and 15 deadline that I am considering)

My primary application is in, and I'm working on my secondary app. However, I am worried bc of my references. I have what I believe ought to be great references from an English prof I've kept in contact with from 1st year, my supervisor at a camp for a 1-on-1 counselor position working with kids with special needs and another reference from the volunteer coordinator at a hospital I've volunteered at for the past couple of years....

EXCEPT....I have nothing on the Science front! I have not become significantly close enough to any one of my science profs (seeing as up until this year, I was one of 300 students in most of my classes and lab). I may be able to get a letter from my thesis supervisor except he hardly ever directly supervises me (instead it's his technician and post-doc).

Should I bother applying to other schools? I have decent marks and MCATs so I am confident of my stats, but with rolling admissions, I don't know how I would fare. Thank god Canada is not rolling!

Archived