Premed 101 Forums

Courses for Shift Workers?

Gerrardfan

I have been looking into taking a prep course for the MCAT, but I work 12 hour shifts, 4 on and 4 off, so most of the courses I've looked at offer them on specific days of the week, and I would only be able to make one or two a week, and to pay that much and have to miss classes would be ridiculous. I'm wondering if there is an online course or a course that offers a choice of days in which to take the course. Thanks!

Kaplan has an online course. But I highly recommend signing up for an in-person course if you can make it. Showing up in class to review concepts is the best way to have it drilled in your head. And even if you don't really learn that much from the class anyways, it gets you in the study mode and really makes you feel like you should be knowing more... The good thing with Kaplan is that there is so much material online, if you don't make it to the classroom, there is still tons to learn. It comes with AAMC exams as well.

Kaplan > Princeton Review hands down, in terms of quality of exams and teaching materials...

But... Examkrackers is the best bang for your book! Get the audio osmosis (ahem from "digital" sources) and the set of books from chapters or amazon. It's $100 - 150 well spent.

Archived