Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Prep Method ???

czup90

So i'm in my third year, and reserved a seat for MCAT on may 7th of this year. I'm a full time student, previously done 6 credits in my last semester, and taking 4 credits now ( 10 credits being full load ).

I bought the complete study package from Examkrackers, and plan on starting their 10 week Home Study program this Sunday. From anyone that has had experience or any other advice, would there be anything to do to improve my method.

As well, exams for me would finish April 22nd or the 15th, leaving me with 2.5 weeks to study purely for the MCAT.

Please let me know if there is any flaw to this.

I haven't actually taken the MCAT, so take my advice for what its worth, but after a lot of research I found this link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=8092168

I am not using the berkley review books, but the princeton review hyperlearning ones which I got off ebay. I had read that examkrackers didn't quite go into enough depth, but again I haven't taken the test yet, just thought I would give you a link that I found extremely helpful. Good luck!

I haven't actually taken the MCAT, so take my advice for what its worth, but after a lot of research I found this link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=8092168

I am not using the berkley review books, but the princeton review hyperlearning ones which I got off ebay. I had read that examkrackers didn't quite go into enough depth, but again I haven't taken the test yet, just thought I would give you a link that I found extremely helpful. Good luck!

Are you planning on taking the MCATs tho? Also has anyone taken the Home study schedule from Examkrackers? I would love to hear feedback of what they thought of it.

Are you planning on taking the MCATs tho? Also has anyone taken the Home study schedule from Examkrackers? I would love to hear feedback of what they thought of it.

I am on the record that I ADORE EK.

That said- I can see that there will be some people who will not like it. It is full of little funny mnemonics, and those people who take things too seriously that they can't learn from a talking Ritz cracker may find it insulting.

And get the audioosmosis.

This may or may not be of any help to you but I purely studied from home using the Kaplan MCAT guide. I didn't over think things in terms of schedules or different prep guides or juggling things like the examkracker podcasts or whatever. In my experience most prep programs have mostly the same stuff in them, and worry too much about your tools means that you worry less about the content.

For myself, and this is purely me, I could almost have done without reading through the study guide, started right with the practice tests and looking up anything that I didn't know. If you plow through enough practice tests, making sure that you really study the stuff that you are missing, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Archived