Premed 101 Forums

Prep course: Online or In-class?

A.J.

I'm thinking of enrolling in the Princeton review prep course.

They offer it in-class or online for the same price. I'm leaning towards online because of the convenience and comfort of staying at home.

Which one do you guys reckon I should take? Or which one would you personally enroll in?

I took the in-class prep course with Princeton and felt that it was a good experience. I definitely had a fantastic tutor for the physics and verbal sections (the others were great as well but the physics tutor made the concepts easy to understand which was a bonus for me since I absolutely abhor physics lol). I've also come to realize that much of the material can be self-learned by reading their books (this is a lot easier if you have taken some university level biology, chemistry, and physics courses obviously). I'm planning to self-study this second time around and Princeton has actually sent me a whole new package of material for free. I'll probably be using different sources for my verbal section though (ex: examkrackers since many users on this forum seem to recommend it)

• 2 months later...

It depends on your learning style which we can't answer that for you... Are you self-sufficient? Do you need reassurance?

Personally, I would prefer online but I hear online TPR material is tougher than the in-class course. This is based on rumours, I can't confirm that.

Archived