Premed 101 Forums

MCAT: What kind of watch are you going to wear?

Guest winnipegmedder

• 6 years later...

I wrote my MCAT this past Friday, and yes, I can confirm that you are not allowed to wear a watch or really bring any personal items into the exam with you (other than your own soft ear plugs or a sweater, and even then they want you to keep it on as to not distract others.) However, the MCAT test has a timer in the bottom left corner. :)

i wore a watch to the exam but not because i needed it. You'll be wasting more time looking at your watch i think. There's a timer right there on the computer screen so why do you need another timer???

For the 10 min breaks...you don't want to spend 15 min taking a leak. :D

I wrote my MCAT, and they told us we're not allowed to wear any wrist watch. They told us to take it off before going in to write. They were strict here, also no tissue paper allowed to go in and your pockets must be empty except for your ID.

Don't worry about the time, there's a timer on your computer screen and clocks everywhere.

I wrote my MCAT this past Friday, and yes, I can confirm that you are not allowed to wear a watch or really bring any personal items into the exam with you (other than your own soft ear plugs or a sweater, and even then they want you to keep it on as to not distract others.) However, the MCAT test has a timer in the bottom left corner. :)

You were allowed your own ear plugs? Last year when I wrote it TO we weren't and it was annoying since those big clunky headphone things really hurt my ears. Is it different this year?

Yup, according to AAMC: Scratch paper, ear covers (industrial), and pencils are provided. You may bring your own earplugs for additional noise reduction. If you bring your own ear plugs, make sure they are in an unopened package and present them to the Test Center Administrator for inspection. No other testing aids are allowed.

And definitely some people brought their own, although the big earphones were there too. I actually like those better, as the small ones hurt my ears after a while. Different strokes for different folks, I guess :)

when I wrote it, we weren't allowed to bring our own ear plugs. Even worse, they didn't have any of those big ones left so we were all given those small ear plugs that looks like corks from a wine bottle... I don't think anyone wore any that day.

Archived