Premed 101 Forums

AECOM policy for international students

Hi guys,

I read the following in AECOM's FAQ section:

- I am an international student, will you accept my application? Yes.

- I graduated from a foreign university. What must I do to prepare for Einstein? Complete at least one year of science course work in the United States ( ~30 credits), show proficiency in English, and take the MCATS.

This means that if I did my schooling here in Canada, I cannot apply to AECOM, right? Has anyone on these forums been accepted while not having done atleast a year in US?

Thanks

Also from their admissions page, international students

Students who have earned baccalaureate degrees outside the U.S. or Canada are required to complete at least one year of formal coursework in the sciences (about 30 credit hours) in an accredited American college or university prior to making application to the College of Medicine. It is recommended that such students also take courses in English if it is not the student’s first language.

Having earned your degree in Canada, you should be fine with that.

Ahh..thanks mlbn. I should have searched harder. Thanks once again.

Also, in the letters of recommendation page, I read this:

"Advisors are asked*to comment on their school's disciplinary action policies and to note whether the school has a "no tolerance" policy, or has a policy to allow a certain number of warnings (how many)*prior to the issuance of a disciplinary action."

So I should ask my profs to mention this in their letters? Are there other schools that require this?

Archived