Premed 101 Forums

my MCAT Score sucks

Guest MDin2006

Guest MDin2006

just got my scores and am shocked........10 10 10 O.

I thought I failed the verbal and rocked the two essays.

How bad is an O? My gpa is only a 3.78. Should I still apply to UofT?

Guest Kirsteen

Hello there,

Regarding the "O", I would still apply, but you can also consider having your essay re-marked by the MCAT folks. It's a prospect that is associated with some chance though, as your score could decrease as well as increase (or remain the same). To wit: a friend of a friend was unhappy with her WS score a couple of years ago and submitted it for remarking. The result: her WS score jumped two letters (in the positive direction ;) ).

Cheers,

Kirsteen

I had an N on the essay, and while Western wouldn't even give me an interview, I got in everywhere else. As long as you meet the cut-off's, I don't think the schools really care how well you can write an essay. I would say you should definitely apply. Maybe even to Western, as I don't think they know until January or so what their official cut-off's will be for that application cycle.

Guest acropolistica

You did better than me. You did fine enough to get accepted mostly anywhere in Canada. That is all that matters if you want to go to a Canadian school. So I would advise against rewriting. Stick with what you got, and if it is your MCATs that hold you back, and if you dont get in 5 times in a row, then write them again.

Archived