Premed 101 Forums

8v, 10p, 11b S

Guest acropolistica

Guest acropolistica

Is that 8 gonna phack me over? Should I do it again, since all the other marks are quite good? I dont want to blow 350 to do worse, since that will hurt me too. What do you think?

Guest LoveMcGill

I had similar MCAT scores the first time I wrote. This severely limited the number of schools for which I made the cut-offs; I decided to re-write and have improved. If you prepare diligently, your scores are likely not going to decrease. My advice is to wait out the current application cycle and see if you get in. If you don't - rewrite next summer.

PS: I have a feeling that you just had a bit of bad luck writing this year. With such a kick-ass essay grade, I am sure that should you decide to re-write, your VR would increase.

Guest acropolistica

I wrote them last year(when it was easy) and I didn't study at all. But since it is the section that you can't study for that is my bane, I don't think I'll write them again. I have more than enough facets to my life and a high enough GPA to more than warrant at least interviews. The MCAT shouldn't matter too much.

Thanks for your advice

Archived