Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Support Thread

I'm bummed out. Even though I knew that there was only a 9/66 chance of hearing back positively this morning.... Another 2 months of waiting *sigh*

Same. I just wanted to be put out of my misery...have a little more information today than I did yesterday.

I'm out of province and I've been waitlisted too. Does anyone know if dal overaccepts? Eg only 9 OOP got accepted today right? Or did they accept more because they know some ppl will reject?

Also does anyone know of any OOP who got rejected? I have a fear that after what happened last year they would just put every one on the waitlist.

Is there a compiled list of when other schools release their invites?

Obviously Ontario schools release May 5, but what about the rest of the country?

That would help a lot of us who are waitlisted on here. We'll know when there might be some movement.

I'm bummed out. Even though I knew that there was only a 9/66 chance of hearing back positively this morning.... Another 2 months of waiting *sigh*

I thought there were only 60 non-Maritime applicants interviewed? A few people on here have said 66???

Is there a compiled list of when other schools release their invites?

Obviously Ontario schools release May 5, but what about the rest of the country?

That would help a lot of us who are waitlisted on here. We'll know when there might be some movement.

UBC - May 13th

Okay... in my procrastination I have looked up a few dates:

McGill: already out

Dal: March 7

MUN: "end of March" for non Nflders

Ontario: May 5

UBC: May 13

U of A: May 13

Manitoba: May 13

Calgary: May 13

MUN: "mid-May" for Nflders

Saskatchewan: May 15-31

I was hoping something would come out BEFORE May 5 :eek:

I really like how Dal and McGill give their acceptances so early. More med schools should do that.

Hi im also wait-listed for Dal OOP. Never fear, the list moved a ton last year! I met a student in Dal Med 1 who wasn't even waitlisted, he was rejected after interviewing and he got in. They went through the entire wait list and then some!

Applied: Dal, UBC, McMaster, Queens, U of T

Interviews: Dal, UBC, U of T

(from BC)

• 1 month later...

Hi waitlisters,

I just recieved confirmation from Carolyn that my file has "been closed", so there is a definite spot opening up in the class. Hopefully sooner than later!

I was OOP, so I'm not sure if the spot will go to an OOPer or not.

Best of luck everyone on the waitlist! I sat on one all last summer, so I feel your pain.

I just got an email from Carolyn this morning offering me a spot (OOP). I have responded and declined as I will be accepting at UofT. The email asked that I respond by the 11th so it seems like they are trying to move through the waitlist decisions quickly. Good luck to all the other waitlisters, hopefully another OOP gets an offer soon!

I just got an email from Carolyn this morning offering me a spot (OOP). I have responded and declined as I will be accepting at UofT. The email asked that I respond by the 11th so it seems like they are trying to move through the waitlist decisions quickly. Good luck to all the other waitlisters, hopefully another OOP gets an offer soon!

So it begins!

Archived