Premed 101 Forums

MCAT

Guest druggist

Guest Steve U of T

I was browsing the MCAT website (http://www.aamc.org/mcat) a while back when I was bored, and found that they publish rather detailed statistics.

Around 60-70 thousand people write the test each year. Among other things, you can see the average score on each section for different geographical locations. As I recall, the mean score of Canadian students was higher than the mean score in many U.S. states. The difference is small, but does indicate you're definitely not at a disadvantage by being Canadian.

Guest cptn med

Thanks OT6 (for the page) and everyone else for your answers.

I know I can find this out if I look it up (and I will) but does anyone know offhand where you write in SW ON? IOW is there one in London/Windsor? Or just in the biggest cities like TO?

Thanks

There are different versions of the MCAT. You will be scaled with those who have the same version as you, in Canada and the US.

On a side note, I happened to look at those stats on the AAMC webpage. It seems Canada has the highest average score in PS and BS when compared to all other states and countries. We gotta bunch of science geeks up here, eh? No doot a boot it :rollin

Tweep

Guest cptn med

If the test is the same for the US and Canada does it matter at all which country you write in? I am way closer to Detroit than I am to Toronto (15min vs 4hrs) so it would be much easier/cheaper to write there.

Archived