Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Writing Locations

Guest 0T6

Hi, I registered for the April sitting this morning (AHHH!!!) and thought at some point near the end of the application I'd get to choose exactly where in Toronto I'd be writing it, but nope. All they have is my first choice of downtown toronto (UofT) and 2nd choice of north york (YorkU)

So for the people who've written in the past, are you assigned a location when you receive your admission ticket, there's no choice involved?

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

It might be possible that the number of April MCAT test-takers is not large enough to warrant numerous testing locations around town. If in doubt though, and if your heart is set on writing in one specific place, give the AAMC a shout.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

What you picked is what you get...ie if you put UofT downtown as #1, you will get UofT downtown unless there is no space when they get to your application. They then move on to your second choice...

I imagine that there are less test writing spots in April (less people write in April)....

I am not quite sure about your confusion about 'choice'....you get to choose...but you have to choose between the testing sites that are offered....(and it looks like the choices are downtown and York)....you can't 'make your own' test site or request a spot that they are not using...

Hey, thanks for responding.

What I meant by choice is that in some of the threads I've read people mentionin writing at UofT campus, Holiday Inn on King, and somewhere else, can't recall. But I guess since it is April the number of people taking the test is low and the UT campus would be sufficient.

Guest Steve U of T

I'm not sure about this, but I think they open up new locations as the space becomes required. I wrote the August 2002 MCAT, and signed up around the end of May. As I recall, the only choices at the time were U of T and the Holiday Inn. However, there was a sitting at York that August. I know of a few people who wrote there, and I think they signed up after me, so it's possible they opened up York after U of T and the Holiday Inn filled up.

• 1 month later...
Guest cptn med

I am not sure if this is a stupid question or not, but I entered for the April MCAT but was not told immediately where to write (1st/2nd choice).

Should I assume my first choice?

Should I wait for it to come with my package?

Did I miss something on the site?

Thanks, any help is appretiated.

Guest Elaine I

My writing location (which was my first choice) was confirmed on my ticket when it arrived. I applied for the April MCAT at the beginning of January, and received the ticket about a month ago.

Elaine

Same here, I got my ticket about 2 weeks ago and the building is on it (first choice, registered mid february), but no room number. I'm guessing it's multiple rooms and they'll assign you one on test day.

Archived