Premed 101 Forums

Basic Cardiac Life Support Class - Group option

Hey all,

I asked about the requirements for our Basic Cardiac Life Support Class when I dropped off my deposit this morning. They said it just had to qualify as a "basic cardiac life support class"... so I called The Safety Group (thesafetygroup.ca) and talked to a guy there, he said we should be getting the CPR-HCP course which includes AED certification. We also talked about group deals, if we get at least 10 students we each get $10 off (so $70 each) and if we can book a room on campus he (or possibly a 2nd year med student who is an instructor) will come to campus to hold the course. If there is tons of interest we might have a couple groups at different times, like one in June and one in July for people moving and coming in later. If you guys can get on the facebook group page I have a thing on there as well, I would probably prefer to keep track of responses there, where people's information is available.

• 2 weeks later...

Tentatively booking for June 18 (Saturday) 9 am - 1 pm, we will be getting a room in the Health Sciences building.

There are 6 people so far, if you haven't commented on facebook and want to get in on this make sure you contact me.

Archived