Premed 101 Forums

Vulnerable sector check

Hi all,

I went to get my police check yesterday and I hadn't skimmed through the package and I realized we needed a vulunerable persons check as well. For those of you who have completed it, is this something additional that you have to ask the police to do, or is it the patient box?

Thanks!

You can choose to have the vulnerable sector search done or not. If I recall correctly, the consent for the vulnerable sector search was on the back of the form that you fill out. There was no additional charge last time I had a police check done.

Uh oh, I definitely didn't fill out anything on the back of the form... I just assumed that the vulnerable persons portion was where I checked off "Children, Disabled, Patients". If those aren't the 'vulnerable persons' then who is?

If you told the person that you needed the check done for med school I think they will do the vulnerable sector part of it...they know the drill. I just asked the person if it would be included and she said yes. Made me initial the back of the form 3 times, sign the back, and sign the front.

What did yours cost to get done? I had to pay $30. Showed her my admissions letter and asked for discounted rate, but she said that I need an actual practicum letter to get the discount and wouldn't give it to me. Wasn't going to go back so I just said screw it and paid the $30.

Here's the scoop...

I went back today and waited in line for an hour to find out that the lady had requested VS already. If you tell them Med school and tick the boxes for children, disabled, etc then they highlight a big, bolded 'VS' on the front and you're golden. No extra fee. I'm sure you're fine ARK. If you're still worried then drop by and ask, but DON'T GO AT LUNCH! ;) PS. The younger lady with brown hair is the only nice and pleasant one! Try to time your line position to get her.

Here's the scoop...

I went back today and waited in line for an hour to find out that the lady had requested VS already. If you tell them Med school and tick the boxes for children, disabled, etc then they highlight a big, bolded 'VS' on the front and you're golden. No extra fee. I'm sure you're fine ARK. If you're still worried then drop by and ask, but DON'T GO AT LUNCH! ;) PS. The younger lady with brown hair is the only nice and pleasant one! Try to time your line position to get her.

I'm so glad to hear that pubert! I definitely told the lady that I was entering medical school so that like means that she did tick it of for me. Thanks so much for following up on this, I likely would have just worried and worried about it!

Archived