Premed 101 Forums

Anyone dropping Aug in B.C.?

allanyikaichen

• 2 weeks later...
I think it's ridiculous how few seats they offer in B.C. every summer. Does anybody think so? The only alternative is for B.C. students to fly to Calgary/Edmonton (so many seats available on every test date) to write it :mad:

Are Canadians eligible to write the MCAT in the United States?

I've encountered the same problem with no available seats in BC and it seems like the easiest alternative is to drive down to Washington rather than fly to Alberta.

Edit: If this is possible, is there a downside to writing in the US as a Canadian?

Are Canadians eligible to write the MCAT in the United States?

I've encountered the same problem with no available seats in BC and it seems like the easiest alternative is to drive down to Washington rather than fly to Alberta.

Edit: If this is possible, is there a downside to writing in the US as a Canadian?

Yes, you can write in the US. I have a friend who did that and said the US test location was amazing compared to the Canadian one that he would have had otherwise.

A downside could be that you may need to drive/fly a day before so that you're not tired when you write... but if you need transportation out of province anyway, then that's not much of a downside.

Archived