Premed 101 Forums

OOP and studying at Dalhousie

+1. This info is readily available on Dal's admissions site, and has been posted here in the past.

That being said, I'll give you a quick summary:

1)You will not be able to apply as a maritimer after completing your undergraduate degree here. Time spent in the maritimes as a student doesn't make you a maritimer, according to Dal's stated criteria, so you'd be considered a non-maritimer.

2)I can't really comment on your chances without seeing your GPA/MCAT results, and even then I'm not sure I can really comment because Dal places a lot of emphasis on the interview, the essay, and your supplementary application, which is where you list your jobs, volunteer experiences, hobbies, etc.

3)The specific requirements are that your GPA in each of the last two years be at least a 3.7 on the 4.0 scale, and that your MCAT have a total score of at least 30, with no more than one section score of 9.

You might also want to check out the interview invites thread from this past year and look for non-maritimers (OOPs). What you'll notice is that lots of people with fantastic "stats" did not receive interviews. Basically, once you reach the minimums (3.7 GPA and 30 MCAT) that are required of a non-maritimer, your "stats" are already competitive, and what really matters is the supplementary application; Dal even explicitly states this on their admissions website.

Good luck!

Archived