Premed 101 Forums

Supplemental Application Timing

I submitted mine on Tuesday, so I also do not have access to the next step yet. However, I did notice that my application was processed on Dal Online as of today, so the Registrar's Office might have something to do with the delay as well.

On the website link to Part 2 (http://admissions.medicine.dal.ca/download/Supplemental_online_form_2011-2012.pdf) they say to list the average number of hours and number of years involved. Does this mean average hours per week? Also, number of years involved seems strange instead of having months. For people who have access to the online form, will it let you put in decimal points (i.e. 2.5 years etc.)?

In part 2 you need to list the average hours per week and the time period, not the number of years, for example 06/10-04/11 they want it as mmyy-mmyy. In addition you need to say if you were a student or not at the time, if you were a student what years of schooling did it take place during, was it in the academic year or summer, and were you full time or part time

FYI that unlike the "worling copy" posted on their site, you need a reference for every single thing you list and not just for certain categories, i.e. You need a verifier for award and extra-curriculars now. They also want you to list starting with the most recent activity. For extra curriculars you need to list if it was an individual, team, or club activity. For sports you need to list your level of competition. For your medically related experience and volunteer work you need to list location of activity and your responsibilities.

I hope that is helpful to those working on their supplemental form before they get step 2. I found it very different from their working copy. I'm just glad I got it in early and found out I need references for everything as that will take some time to get put together!

How do you specify an on-going activity?

Would you specify that in the dates section or the description?

For education level, do you just list the highest education level at the time of application even though the activity is on-going?

Anyone know if you should include employment that starts in September? I have an on campus position starting in the Fall, not sure if I can include it, but it will be a fairly large commitment for me in the upcoming year.

Archived