Premed 101 Forums

referee form question

I typically found them to be fairly quick (i.e. minutes).

However, I'm currently having a struggle with my third reference. The email is just not being received, even after days or weeks. I'm guessing it's the problem with spam filters, but we can't seem to fix it. Rather aggravating.

Well I discovered a quirk today! Which is why I'm posting a second message rather then editing my initial message. We finally figured out why my reference wasn't receiving their email:

I had used this person as a reference in the past, well it turns out the system must remember email addresses. The person received the email from U of C, but the send date was listed as two YEARS ago, the time I had asked them to fill out a reference for me the last time I applied. As a result the message was received but then date sorted by her email system so it was placed two years back. For individuals that save their email messages, it's possible that it could be buried under months of messages.

So if you happen to re-use a previous reference and they don't seem to receive it this year. Make sure they look back in their older mail. It might be sitting there. :eek:

Archived