Premed 101 Forums

LSAT Reading comprehension

charmer08

Yes, I highly recommend using LSAT verbal reasoning passages to prepare for the MCAT. I suggest buying the official, released tests (you can get a book with I think 10 official LSAC LSAT tests) and working through them. I ran out of practice MCAT tests so this was a great way to supplement my practice materials. I also highly, highly recommend 101 passages in MCAT verbal reasoning by exam crackers. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Did anyone use the LSAT reading comprehension books to prep for MCAT verbal reasong? If so, any recommendation of which companys book to choose?

I haven't written my actual MCAT yet, but I have been doing the Reading Comprehension portions of old LSAT exams as part of my VR practice....

my VR score on practice AAMC exams has increased significantly.

Here is how I have structured my VR studying:

- Increase reading comprehension, speed, and endurance via LSAT, GRE, and SAT reading comprehension tests, as well as Princeton Review (there questions are often too much "retrieval based", like Kaplan, but the passages themselves can be nice and challenging) and go to the library and pick out what looks like the most incomprehensible book on the humanities (or whichever area is your weakest); read this for at least 30 min every day before bed.

- Increase ability to do difficult questions by using EK 101 regularly.

- Remember to keep a log of how trying different techniques worked out for you !

Best of luck with your studies

Archived